Toastmasters District 94 serves the heartland of west Africa comprising of nine countries, District 94 has over 80 Clubs and growing, with about 2,000 members, 6 Divisions, and 30 Areas. Our clubs include community clubs, corporate clubs, university / college clubs, government clubs, and bilingual clubs.
DISTRICT LEADERSHIP STRUCTURE
District Executive Committee
As of July 1, 2015 there are new titles for District Leaders. Read Why the Change.
Members have opportunities to:
- Gain speaking experience that relates to specific career needs.
- Develop and practice a variety of leadership skills.
- Sharpen their listening and evaluation skills.
- Give regular impromptu talks on assigned topics.
- Learn and practice techniques of effective public speaking.
- Prepare and deliver formal speeches on subjects of their own choosing.
- Learn and practice proper parliamentary procedures.
- Preside over meetings, gaining experience in running effective meetings.
- Gain personal confidence that will help when speaking to one person or one thousand.
ABOUT TOASTMASTERS INTERNATIONAL
District 94 is part of Toastmasters International, a growing organization serving 332,000 members in more than 15,400 clubs in 135 countries. Toastmasters International (www.toastmasters.org) was founded in October 1924 by Dr. Ralph C. Smedley at the YMCA in Santa Ana, California. It is registered as a not for profit educational organization in the state of California.